Tips for a healthy lifestyle

 

1st I’m making it very clear that I’m not a health professional / nutritionist/dietitian.  

I write tips here based on what I learnt from professionals since 2019.  

Remember each body is unique and each of our health conditions are different. So what suits me may not suit others.

In reality / practical grounds non-can eat healthy all 365 days. What I follow is, I eat 90% healthy food in the right way and 10 % I deviate from the healthy way, but not on daily basis and also I eat them in minimal quantity.

Before sharing tips, I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to my 3 dietitians who thought me that healthy eating is a lifestyle and its not a form of diet. 

    1 shinysurendran Mam

     2 Karpagam

     3 Uthara Shravan Mam


Tips for a healthy lifestyle

1.     1st we need to know what food ingredients will suit us. Because few of us maybe having gluten/ lactose intolerance. And allergic towards some nuts, seeds, veggies, fruits, millet, and seafood.

2.     Ensure that our 3 meal plates are filled with carbohydrates, proteins, non-starchy veggies and healthy fats.

3.     Plan your meal plate as per the picture given below.

     

4.     For vegetarians like us here are a few foods which contain only protein are, panner, tofu, Greek yoghurt and soya bean/chunks.

5.     All the pules and different types of Chana we consume not only have protein, but it also contains carbohydrates too. So, it can’t be called a complete source of protein food.

6.     Every day consume 1 fruit and stop consuming fruits 5 hours before bed.

7.     Include healthy nuts and seeds on daily basis.

8.     Healthy eating window time is 6 or 7 am to 8 pm at night.

9.     Expect unavoidable situations, you try to finish your last meal max before 8.30 pm. By doing this you can maintain your weight to some extent.

10.  If you are willing to eat heavy meals ensure to eat them for lunch for better digestion.   

11.  If you have sweet tooth on daily basis, the best way to control it is to start consuming 1 small piece of dark chocolate which contains a minimum of 70% of cocoa.

12.  Keep yourself self-hydrated by drinking water, buttermilk  &  lemon juice by adding salt and not sugar (if lemon suits you).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Pre-marital counselling

Q&A on psychologists/psychiatrists/counselling.

Gratitude Post